Monday, October 18, 2010

Little Miracles....ending with lots of binkies

While we were eating cake and drinking firefly at Carolina's party, it was with heavy hearts....we learned that AH's sweet step daddy had been in an accident and his spleen was injured. The prayers began, and still keep going! Word is, he's doing well.

Then, this morning, around 6:30am, we got a text from HH saying that her hubby had also been in a car accident. He and two friends were coming home from a Texans game when a tour bus clipped the driver side, rolling the car over several times and facing JH into on coming traffic. He has a broken 5th vertebrae in his neck, a beat up (but still handsome:) face, and a broken wrist. More on that in a minute...

After getting that text, the Bean and I hit the roadways ourselves...headed to TCH for Patton's dilation. When I tell you he was in and out quicker than a NASCAR pit stop...I mean to tell you I had just enough time to grab a shot of espresso, say a prayer at the chapel, and boom! He was done! Dr. Wesson, our very own angel, told us that his esophagus is bigger than it's ever been and that he's going great. (that we knew already! He's a bulldozer..unstoppable). He woke up, charmed everyone in the room, sucked down 2 apple juice boxes, wolfed down an orange Popsicle (they didn't have the blue or pink he asked for) and off we went.

It wasn't straight home for us, though. We had a pit stop. A mission.

I racked my brain for HH...thinking of all the times I'd been in the hospital with P. What did I need? What did I forget to bring? Anything to help...

So the Bean and I headed to the TCH gift shop. We bought 2 bags of chex mix, a bottle of water, a shaving kit with deodorant and tooth brushing essentials, and fingernail files. We threw in a bag of M&M's, and hit the road to Memorial Herman which just happened to be right down the road.

In Houston, there are several Memorial Herman hospitals....we were just hoping we had the right one. After checking with the info desk, finding the ER, getting sent to the 5th floor, and accidentally ending up in the birthing center...we finally made it to the right place. Lord knows I've never been one on directions....

I had planned on just dropping our goodies and getting out of their hair, but CK was there, and HH's mom...so we popped in for a minute. Patton noticed JH's "boo boo" and blew it a kiss. Then he kissed his foot to feel better. I can guarantee that kiss is better than medicine.

His face is battered, but his spirit is great considering what he's been through! Broken, not beaten.

It made me feel better to see HH and give her a hug. Why did we insist on going to see her? Because regardless of the party, the event, the day, the night, the inconvenience of a situation....she's ALWAYS THERE FOR US. The day after Patton was born, she marched in my room with a gallon of sweet tea, a comfy pair of pj's with a matching robe, and chocolate. God Love Her. HH always knows just what I need, even if I don't ask for it. She shows up. No matter if she has a thousand things going on or none at all. She makes you feel important and loved and we wanted her to feel that from us today.

HH: You are important and loved. We are thinking of you and J every single minute and hope for a speedy recovery!

I wanted to end on a light note. This is a picture of what we found behind Carolina's bed. Every time she wakes up, her lamb gets thrown in front of the bed, and her passie gets thrown behind it. Tonight there were 6 passies, and one bow. Hilarious. Are little lala's stash!

Tonight we thank God for little miracles. Every last one of them.

2 comments:

  1. Add our prayers!

    Glad for the good news on WPS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know HH but I love her for being such a good friend to you, Sae! (Oh, and I love her for her precious stationary and cards as well.) Prayers are on the way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete