
I. THE CHILDREN'S CENTER BALL
Last night we had the Children's Center Ball. I am so proud of 3 of my friends. One who got up and was brave, eloquent and strong in the face of immense adversity. Cheers to you, EQ. I've already told you all of the above, of course:)
The next was HH. Hubby was discharged from the hospital yesterday (yeah!!!) and they came home to Galveston. To see the fruits of all her hard work with the ball, she came, and looked radiant to boot! So proud of her, as I know what it's like to have everyone asking about your loved one...can be overwhelming! Appreciated...but overwhelming.
The third was AH. With her daddy still inching along in his recovery, she put on red and smiled big.
What a week for the three of those girls. Prayers and cheers to all!
Now. For the ball. May I just sum it up to say that the last song of the night was "Don't stop believing". When the singer said it should be a sing along I took that literally and RAN....I mean...R-A-N TO THE STAGE.
You would have thought it was Bob Barker up there saying "Come on down!!! Sarah Sullivan, you're the next contestant on the Price is Right!" I'm lucky I didn't fall.
I had my own microphone and the rest is history. Luckily the lead singer drowned out the tune I was belting because it wasn't fit for a bucket if you know what I'm saying. And to think, all that show and only 2 glasses of champagne to blame it on. Boy was it fun.
II. AN ADDENDUM:
Last night at the ball, someone mentioned me "slamming" Galveston Monthly magazine in my letter to the mayor. I hope the rest of Galveston didn't feel that way because it certainly wasn't how I meant it.
When I said "what Galveston monthly could become" what I meant was that Charleston Magazine is much bigger, with an entire subscription base because it has a financially thriving city to back it up. Galveston isn't there yet, but it's easy to see how, as our little island grows, the magazine that serves as its steward will grow as well.
I have been fretting about this all day because I'm a big fan of Galveston Monthly...and LR! She does a great job putting her magic sprinkles all over it. Never want my words, or lack of explanation to muddy up that sentiment...
Now thats settled...
Junior League girls hard at work selling cookbooks
The Evia Fall Market was today and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Just gorgeous. Bark For Life was also at Evia...below you'll see one of the stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment