Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's the great pumpkin


Halloween is my favorite. I just love all the spooky stuff...the orange and black...the mystery...the spells...the glitter...the costumes...the pumpkin carving...all of it.


So tonight, after: doctor's check up was canceled, a baby sitter wasted, treat bags were made for the class party tomorrow, naps were forced, sand box cover was found after getting blown away by hurricane force winds (self proclaimed), daddy was at the ranch working cattle with big, baths were had, Patton fell off the jungle him, I scolded 2 "should have known better" older kids on said jungle jim to "mind the lil' ones", baths were had and jammies were put on-


We cuddled on the couch to watch the Great Pumpkin and Snoopy. It was the kiddo's first go round with the Great Pumpkin and they loved it. When a commercial came on P said "pumpkin?"


I must admit my relief. You never know with the flash of all the cartoons these days what the kids will think of the old school. Turns out, it stands the test of time.


So, thank you, Linus. Thank you, Lucy. Thank you WWII Flying Ace. And, always last, but never least....THANK YOU, CHARLIE BROWN. I have thought on more than one occasion to stick some electrical tape on a yellow t-shirt and let P go as YOU for Halloween....
Maybe next year.

1 comment: