Tuesday, July 21, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, PARENTS!


HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DAY!

2 years ago today I woke up and had a wonderful brunch with all my best girls. Then I got my makeup done, and got to hang out all day. I opened the big french doors to King Street and saw our names on the marquee at the Rivera Theater. What a magic day. My husband woke up to me singing "happy birthday" to him. We stayed at Tommy Condon's dancing to the band until midnight, when I had to make my exit. What a fun day.


The Plantation Singers (http://www.plantationsingers.com/history.htm) greeted everyone with soul music as they were being seated. They even sang happy birthday to Todd and "When the Saints go Marching In" as we left the church. They were by far one of the best parts of the wedding.

Just a little informal kiss....as if no one was looking



The first dance...."You Send Me" sung by Aretha Franklin (who shares my birthday). The monday before we left for Charleston, we hadn't picked a song to dance to. We love to dance, and didn't want anything too slow or too long because we were ready to dance our night away. I watched "The Holiday" and heard this song at the end. That was it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1zmktlxYoA

Our best friends were all there. These were my four bridesmaids and Todd's groomsmen...twin brothers and his daddy. Seth marched everyone down king street to the reception with a big fat SC flag.


We had a BALL at our reception. The Heather Hayes Band (daughter of Isaac Hayes, God rest him!) put on a SHOW. We loved every minute of it!!!

2 comments:

  1. It was certainly magic for us, from beginning to end and reflective of your wonderful brain, taste in music and sense of fun and celebration. The Bean and L'il Bean are certainly lucky kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never forget our time in Charleston at your wedding - what a fantastic time! Congratulations on 2 years! I can only dream about being as lucky as you two are!

    xoxo
    Liz

    ReplyDelete