Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bean Vs. Sand

Ok...the Bean hates the sand. Well, maybe not hates...but doesn't like it all that much except to lick it, which he then coughs on said sand. So, I put him in the sand as much as possible. I can't teach him to be afraid.

When there are spiders or bugs in our house, I kill them and don't show my fear. When he stumbled upon a door stopper and it went "DOOOOIIINNNG" for the first time, it scared him, and I've since taught him how funny they sound. Now he laughs every time he hears one.

So this sand thing....I'm determined to rid the dislike. When he was in the hospital we used to keep his hands in socks because he was NOTORIOUS for pulling out his feeding tubes. To this day, he's funny about people touching his hands. Other than that, he doesn't meet a stranger! Maybe this is why when things feel funny on them, he doesn't like it?

He's getting a sand box. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment