Friday, January 28, 2011

I Heart Mom


Uncles are away for a ski trip with all their high school buds, and daddy was working late one night when....
Mommy took Carolina's tutu, put it on her head, and turned herself into a "flower". Of course, Patton wanted to try it, too.
The t-shirt is my personal favorite part of this whole gig.
Perhaps this is what happens with no male influence at dinner time? We are filing this in what I like to call "the rehearsal dinner file"...for obvious reasons.
The ski trip that they are on just happens to be where the Sundance Film Festival is going on as well. With Uncle and all the characters on this trip, I felt the need to extend a challenge to good ole' Unc. The following was the email I sent:

"J-

I hear the Sundance Film Festival is going on out there....

So, I hereby challenge you to accomplish one of the following: (I have a sneaking suspicion D Byrd wouldn't have a lick of trouble with either of these, either)

1. Get yourself into a celebrity VIP party
2. Kiss a starlet
3. Take a picture (and send it) of you and someone famous
4. Get an autograph
5. Go and give a celebrity YOUR autograph, and phone #. (My buddy from ADP did this in Vegas...it was hysterical and worked in his favor)

See what you can do."
His only reply?
"Done."
The Vegas story is true. We were sitting there laaaate one night, eating cheeseburgers at a restaurant in the Wynn hotel. Who walks in, but Latoya Jackson. After urging our friend to go talk to her, he wrote his "autograph" and phone # on a napkin, walked over, and handed it to her. She thought it was hilarious.
And so did we.

1 comment:

  1. Bud, You know I love this song...brings back memories of Johns Island and late nights! Can't wait to see the results from your challenge to J!

    ReplyDelete