Today, as we managed to survive in sub zero temperatures (ok, 28 degrees, but still) Gigi and Big wrote to tell us about Bora Bora. Add that to the list of places I'd like to go one of these days. As for the little hut out on the water where they slept? Sign me up for that, too, please.
The following was my reply to her.
Gigi, that sounds like heaven.
If there was a foot long subway sandwich somewhere around there it may just be picture perfect! (Ha! Because...that's what I ate for lunch. A foot long from Subway. The entire thing and every crumb)
The answer to the question "how are you feeling?" is hungry. I have been trying to eat like I normally would, however it isn't cutting it. I wake up famished and thirsty. Finally I started eating more protein, like egg whites, and it keeps me full longer.
Maybe I'm still in denial and think that eating apple slices and cheese for lunch will do....sadly, it won't. Time to listen to what baby tells me. Right now he or she is saying "look, mom...I know it's been fun wearing your skinny jeans, but those days are numbered. Give it up and feed me. "
Patton and Carolina are great. We are stir crazy with the cold. I moved the play castle from the garage upstairs to change things up. Last night, Patton prayed for dirt, backhoes, excavators, choo choos, and cranes. So much like his daddy.
Sister got her first mini whoopin' tonight. I gave her 3 chances, but "no" was too funny a word so my hand had to do the talking on her backside. I hated it. She is one sassy, flirty, hilarious little chica.
We lost power twice this morning. The news says to expect "rolling power outages" all over Texas. Luckily, since it was 28 degrees this morning, had the power stayed off, we would have just put everything from the fridge on the back porch. (A trick I learned from aunt kissy:)
Last, but certainly not least, I got highlights today. First time in 17 weeks! I looked like a troll. So, you can imagine my dismay when Nanette called to say she had no water and the power was iffy.
So, I sent Todd a text to ask if I could bring the generator to the salon so I could (finally!!) get my hair done. He didn't dignify it with a response.
So, Nanette washed my hair using a watering can and since the power went out right afterward, I left with soaking wet hair in a ponytail. At least it was BLONDE. :)
Todd also didn't respond last night when I suggested he let me have our WHOLE closet and showed him what each section would be..."Formals here, winter there, summer here...." etc. I explained, logically, that since he only wears 4 shirts anyway, why on earth does he need all that space?
We miss you! Hurry home but enjoy the scenery along the way!
Love,
Ss
Truly, I don't know how people live in cold climates. I would stay here and eat every morsel from our pantry, fridge and freezer until my house looked like Old Mother Hubbard, just to not have to leave this house and step out into that MESS.
That being said, as you read above, I did step out to get my hair done today. And, since the power was out when I left, and the garage door wouldn't open, I climbed up on a cooler and did it manually, with some force, and grease on my hands. All for the color. Y'all know what I'm talking about. I told Nanette "I don't care about dry hair, I just care about blonde hair." Amen.
Tomorrow "they say" it may snow here. If it does, watch out, because we don't know how to act in snow and it will be ridiculous. And fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment