Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One busy unicorn.

I am throwing....well, let me rephrase: Todd is a member of the Knights of Momus, a Mardi Gras krewe here in the G. So, WE are throwing (which means me, of course) the President's Party, which is the night before the Momus Ball where all the duchesses (debs) are presented. The theme of Mardi Gras this year is "Arabian Nights", so we had to find something to go with that....

Driving around one day, I heard "Midnight at the Oasis" on XM radio and thought "what a great theme!!"

The party will be purpleicious, which is a very "un sae" color.... But, the theme is Midnight, after all...so plums, fuchsias, golds, they are all in there.

We signed sealed and delivered 600 invites.
We have Fez hats for the past presidents.
We have candles a plenty.
We have beads.
We have huge pieces of fabric to hang from the ceiling.
We have huge star paper lanterns for the mantel.
We have huge round colored paper lanterns for the trees outside.
We have the Mambo Jazz Kings.
We have a casino.
We have clever names for all the food.

Just one of many parties I have signed up for and will be glad when some are out of the way, to be honest. They all seem to be running together at the moment. Today I started with a normal pony tail. Then, with so much to do, put it straight up on top of my head and out of my face. Patton hasn't napped. I can hear him rummaging around his room. But, at least supper is made and in the crock pot. 3 cheese tortalini with spagetti sauce (with added yellow and red peppers in the sauce...it's so yummy).

I do, however, look like a unicorn. This unicorn has been so busy that her poor closets are taking the brunt. I feel like one day I'm going to open a can of sweet corn from the pantry and either a maternity shirt, or a momus invite is going to fall out. Poor hubby feels exhasperated when he goes into our closet....and I don't blame him.

I couldn't put away spring/summer because it was 75 degrees here in December. I can't put away winter because it's still 49 degrees today. Maternity is making an appearance as well, so as you can imagine, my closet is in diress. And my pantry. Not to worry, soon I can put away all of it and just have maternity...sigh. Thanks to Happy and Ja, I have some new things to add to that collection. Some of these items are starting to get a little ragged after 2 kids worth....

No comments:

Post a Comment