Monday, January 17, 2011

Fat Girl's Paradise...the 2011 Golden Globes

The golden globes were last night and as usual, momma has her fashion hits and misses report: AKA: Fat Girl's Paradise...the 2011 Golden Globes. If you missed what FGP refers to, there's a blog that explains it....

Green was a big color, along with light peachy pink, black, and nude. I loved the long sleeve and slinky looks....lots to gab over!

Without further adieu, I give you, FGP:

This was my #1 fav pick. Red heads tend to look good as platinum blondes, too...and she nailed this look with a slight tan, and a slinky calvin klein backless number. Love the heavy cat eyes and simple hair. Love it love it love it. This is the dress I want.




2nd runner up for #1: Jane, you are sheer perfection. Love the color, love the hair, love the earrings, love the baby. Love it.







Dearest, sweetest, love you, Natalie....this was a moment to shine as in some to die for pregnant frock (see above how to do this correctly), however, you missed the mark. That rose applique is very prom-esque and I feel you look like a valentine gone askew. Sorry, doll. Love ya. But hate you had to choose that.




KILL-er. Green was a big color and Mila rocked this out. She looks awesome.



Hot momma from Modern Family. She never disappoints.





This light pink/peach was a big color, too. Lea looked good in it because of her dark hair.





Jennifer....oh sweet honey chile'. You look like the mother of the bride. You look mad and as well you should be.


January Jones....silly head.... your dress is on backwards.



Jennifer Love....I love it from the waist up. But it needed to be tapered more because it made her look much hippier than she is I feel.




Love. This dress was made for Claire. She killed it.




Ah-DORE Amy adams. She usually always scores high in my fashion book. Love a red head in navy.










Sandie...darling. I love you, I really really do. But you look as though you should have a wand and a book of spells. Not to mention a vile with "hair of toad" in it. Yee.



Hmmm. This gal always plays odd roles, and she's a fab actress. But in this case, she looks like Sandra's (above) apprentice.



Love Julianne. But this sketch was probably way better than the outcome. There are parts I like...the idea was good...but something's off about it.




Halle, you should know better. It's as though someone said "she could wear a trash bag and look good" and sister went out and tried it. She looks great...the dress does not.



Nicole: yawn. She used to take risks. She always looks beautiful....but doesn't really take the risks anymore. I miss the funky greens! The crazy lace!



Angelina. You tend to make people mad, but I have to say, you are rocked the green long sleeve number. I love the throw back to the 70s feel it has and it's nice to see people doing a sleeve. Very elegant. I loved it. Green was a hot color!

Scarlett, it's true you are going through a time, what with getting a divorce from People Magazine's "Sexiest man alive".....but you are not forgiven for this. You usually wow us. Not this time I'm afraid. Helen Miren should have worn this....

Anne. She rocked another long sleeve shimmery number, much like Angelina. Love the puff sleeve feminine details. She looked like walking liquid elegance. Loved this. This is another dress I would love to have.

Heidi, this could be a great Carolina Cup dress. But not golden globes. And not those shoes (straight off the Jersey Shore). And not that make up. Mess.


The Green dresses were knocking it out of the park. Catherine looked like a vision.


There were many many more, but many were too boring to warrant a comment. The best and the worst are right here. Until the Oscars! This has been, Fat Girl's Paradise-golden globes 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I overheard them say that Catherine Z-J's dress was Monique Lhuillier just like a certain bride I remember once. And Sophia's dress was Vera Wang so . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with most.
    But January Jones was the worst in my opinion - at least for failing to meet her potential.
    I also LOVED Diana Agros - (from Glee) and was very sad for Jayma Mays.
    Not crazy about Angelina's ensemble.

    Oh, if only I was in Galveston for the Academy Awards....we could have so much fun! When I was in residency, we would have an AA party in Labor and Delivery complete with ballots, nonalcoholic champagne and party favors. We would come in with full make up, jewels, our hair quaffed, and scrubs.

    ReplyDelete