Friday, January 21, 2011

3

Third time's the charm, as they say....

Baby # 3 is on the way, making an entrance in August. Crazy, huh? Apparently all it takes is for us to wink at each other and 'tada!' We are indeed blessed.

For those who think it's nuts, well, it is nuts. I have only 2 arms. And there are only 2 parents, which means we are now outnumbered on both counts. I grew up with 2, I have 2 now, most families stop at 2....2 is what I know.

Normally I wait until 12 weeks to spread the good word, however, with #3, the belly has decided to spread the word for me, already. Ladies, it happens MUCH faster the third time. My face is a mess, not to mention I have been using root touch up spray that has glitter in it (who knew?) and thus, sparkle like Christmas tree in the sunlight. It was time to spill it, as to not have folks saying "that SS has really let herself go...."

So it is a little daunting to think about three, I'm not going to lie about that.

But here's the thing.

It's kind of like when you come home from a loooong day at work. You put on your pj's, wash your face, tackle that box of take out, all the while in front of your favorite TV show. Your newest magazine stack awaits you on the coffee table and you are waiting patiently for your newly painted piggies to dry. All is right with the world. Comfy. Cozy.

Until....

One of your buds calls and says "get dressed, you're coming out." Ah, yes. The old get dressed, you're coming out bit. It's tough. There you sat, comfy and cozy and now, you have to redirect your thinking to actually put on makeup, get dressed (to kill of course) and go out for the night instead of curling up in your down comforter while falling asleep to Sex and the City re-runs.

That's what having #3 is like. If you get to comfy and cozy, you'll never do it. It'll get easier and easier, and you'll just be happy and content, and then too much time will pass and.....the rest is history.

I choose (and am blessed, to recap) to be nuts and have three children 3 and under. More diapers. More bottles. More terrible 2's.

More joy.

Life is a miraculous thing and I feel special to be a part of it.

Now...the real question.

We have the Bean.

We have the Biscuit.

What will the third one be? May have to have a poll...

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you! I think it is great! :) I like sweet tea too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bean,biscuit and Funchin!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete