Monday, January 3, 2011

Dr. Glee and a happy 2011


Whew. Last week, was a doozie. With buds gone to GA, and daddy working late, I entertained the peeps A LOT. Sometimes it was a challenge, between changing La La's pants every 5 minutes, cleaning up yuck, etc. But I wouldn't trade it.

We decided to literally ride out the old year on a train. Not daddy's real live choo choo, but the Kemah choo choo instead. Patton wore his train conductor pants just for the occasion. We said "bye bye 2010!!"

Later that afternoon, mommy got a good hefty dose of what Carolina had. I spent New Year's Eve bowing to the porcelain throne, for lack of better words. It was HORRIBLE and I do not wish it on any of you, though I've heard it's going around. Beware!!! It is a bad beast and will knock you out.

Since Curtis Mathis left us several months ago, we haven't gotten a TV in our room, and I didn't want one. We fall asleep earlier (which is good, what with Bean walking in our room before 6 every day now) and I read lots of books and magazines. The latest book is "Fatally Frosted" and it's about a donut shop owner in a small southern (shocker) town who is accused of putting poison on one of her confections and killing the town busy body. Before that, it was one with a little more substance....Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol". Believe me, I had to have something light after that thinker. For Pete sakes...I literally couldn't put it down. But I digress....

So, I'm laying there, in bed, at 6:30pm on the last day of the year, celebrating by trying to hold down saltines, and letting Miss Patty (thank God she had come to babysit so we could go out) watch the kids until Todd got home. I called him to say " if I'm ringing in 2011 in bed, it'll be with a new TV please". As I was in the bathtub, miserable as all get out, I got a call from hubby, who had been sent to target with the following list: Ginger ale, saltines, chicken noodle soup, new TV. Next thing ya know, hubby is calling me to "please go measure the bedroom amoire, as well as the living room amoire, and find out which tv's are the best on the market right now."

I literally crawled out of the bathtub, threw a towel on in complete disgust (bless him for wanting to get the best, right?) and went to get the measuring tape. Sigh.

Needless to say, I got dinner in bed (saltines in a bowl), a nice cocktail for NYE (ginger ale) the best nurse in town (Patton) and a brand new flat screen. Wow, have we been behind the times! These things are nice!!!

The cool thing was that the neighbors were shooting massive fireworks over the water, which I enjoyed from our bedroom window.

Happy New Year!!!


In case you haven't heard the low down, two new rappers have hit the mean streets. Cool Moe P and his sidekick, Little C in the Hood. Their album, "Sips from a Sippee" drops next week.

Piano man. Gigi and Big got all the grand kids a mini piano, which Patton does not like to share. If C even looks at it he says "Patton turn!" and high tails it to the bench.
They also got him a stuffed monkey that's as big as he is. Yesterday we asked "what is monkey's name?"
He replied "Dr. Glee" and started dying laughing. Dr. Glee it is!

1 comment:

  1. Hope everyone is on the mend soon. Those flat screens are it!

    ReplyDelete