I have been nervous about dropping sister off at school. Last week she had her first two days, which went "alright". I just didn't feel great about the classroom. It has nothing to do with the teachers or anything...I just wanted Carolina to start in the same class that Patton did....with our peeps: Miss Marion, Sharon, etc. They get to ride the bye bye buggy, listen to fun tunes, and ease into Moody School.
Today, our friend LP had a suggestion: switch our babies' classes. She wanted D to be in the other room, and I wanted Carolina in D's. Worked out great. But, like any mom, I was still anxious to see how she did.
Well, when I came to pick her up from school today, I walked in to a familiar tune....
Ahem....
"Oh I wish I was in the land of cotton
Old times there are not forgotten
look away...look away...look away dixie land."
I am not making this up. Immediately, not caring who was listening, I grabbed her (and she wasn't crying at all....who could with that playing?) and started singing...out loud. The entire song. We didn't leave until it was over.
It was a sign from God. ;) Momma is a hap hap happy girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment