any of numerous agile, hollow-horned ruminants of the genus Capra, of the family Bovidae, closely related to the sheep, found native in rocky and mountainous regions of the Old World, and widely distributed in domesticated varieties.

(An Irish Goat...fitting....)
Yesterday was "fun Friday". We have these every week. It's when I pack up the Bean and we head out, all the while listening to the soul sounds of KTSU radio station. They play fun music on Fridays and usually Maria is here to clean, so we head out for mommy and Patton adventures.
This Friday Maria couldn't come, but we loaded up anyway and headed to Babies R Us. We were in a desperate search for Deet free Mosquito spray. Other treats included a cheap blow up baby pool for our deck, along with a beach canopy tent so my little whitey white man doesn't get fried this summer in the sun. We found all those things...along with trouble.
As we pulled into the parking lot, the Bean FILLED his pants. Off to the ladies room we went to get cleaned up.
Then it was off to the sleep ilse for bigger pj's and more Sleep Sacks for night time. I found two sleep sacks in his size, which were packaged in hard plastic. (this will be relevant later) The bean played with those while mommy finished her scavenger hunt.
About 15 minutes later, Patton started acting like he was going to throw up. I knew he hadn't eaten in over an hour, so I wasn't sure what was going on. His eyes were watering and he was gagging. So I picked him up, remained calm, as he was breathing fine, and started patting his back.
He threw up. Right there in the clothing ilse, right onto the buggy cover I had on the buggy. Then again, with the gagging. Finally I saw the problem.
A large piece of tape was trying to come up. I grabbed it quickly and the episode was done.
My baby Goat had eaten a piece of tape off the Sleep Sack packaging. You could have pushed me over with a feather. To get an idea of how big it was...look down at your keyboard and pick a letter, any letter. It was bigger than a key....about the size of the Tab button if your computer is like mine.
Sigh. Lord have mercy.
Next, while on the phone with daddy to explain the event, Goat baby over here was busy chewing on his buggy cover. All of a sudden he was crying. I looked down and....a bloody lip. He had bitten down on his lip.
TIME TO GO! Did I make it out without social services being called? Yes, by the hair on my chinny chin chin.
Well, his first name is William, after all! :-D
ReplyDelete