Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Will & Kate


Let me just match this post to the the ring of all rings, as our newest princess to be (I heard maybe duchess first, though) did with her blue dress. Well done, lassie, well done.
If my brother in law can't have Miss Kate, William is a good 2nd choice I guess.
To say that I'm taken by all the royal hype is a ROYAL understatement. I tell you if they had a channel dedicated to it I'd watch it all day. "Sorry kids, no Elmo today. No learning shows for you. Momma has to watch the aristocracy play polo and say things like "cheerio" and eat fish and chips and wear fabulous hats to every day events".
So let me just announce to all: We will be throwing a reception next summer for the lovely couple. We will have mint juleps, hats, old bridesmaid dresses...we will speak in fake British accents (like Madonna;)...We may even have ourselves a polo match. Or maybe just go to the polo outlet.....hmmmm I'll get back to you on that one.
Is it sad that I feel a bit of pride in the old chap? (see? The accent has started already!) I mean he didn't even tell his own brother until the 11th hour. And how WISE of him to ask dear old Mr. Middleton and then even wiser to tell him "mums the word with momma Middleton". Because you KNOW sister would have told SOMEBODY. Lord above KNOWS I WOULD HAVE. It would have been a 'CODE RED' to beat all code reds. I'd have had to fly in my sisters that DAY.
Where did he keep that ring? Where did she keep it when he gave it to her? I mean for Pete's sakes....that thing graced the finger of Diana! How honored she must be. Sigh. I just get twinkley eyed talking about it.
Which brings me to this:
Dear William (ahem...had to throw that in there) Patton:
Please for the love of all that's right with the world...after the hours I spent praying (and the hours to come that I will spend praying no doubt) for you I feel you owe it to your sweet mother to bring home someone of class, judgement, character, grace, and...spunk. Not the kind of spunk that finds itself in pink hair dye or goth clothing....but real spunk. And please take your time...but not too much time. I'd like to have bouncing grandchildren before my ticket comes up. And wait to find the kind of person who will not only light your fire, but will be a good partner. And for Pete sakes let her get along with your sister.
Thank you,
Baba

2 comments:

  1. She should have someone go buy her one of those knockoffs and hide that thing in the Tower and only wear it out for state occasions. It would be worth kajillions. I'm afraid someone will knock her in the head for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard on the radio that he had kept in his BACKPACK for a while just waiting for the right moment to pop the question. Can you imagine? Don't know if it's true or not (the Itals have been known to play fast and loose with the facts on occasion).

    ReplyDelete