
La-La and I dropped brother off at school today and went to have a tea party of sorts. It was pouring rain...had been since the wee morning hours, so we weren't about to get out of the car. Instead, we went (gasp....sorry S.Bean....the Bucks was on the way out of town) and grabbed a Venti, as well as a petite vanilla bean scone (for my petite ya ya). We had our tea party in the car, which made for one fine mess in the car seat. All worth it, though.
We were headed to the mainland for Carolina's eye appointment. She has a watery eye that she's had since birth...they tried poking at it and it didn't work, so we went for round II. Before we got there, we stopped by the fashion mecca, Forever 21, to do an exchange.
It was there that sister got her first purse. The shinier the better, I always say. And for 3 bucks.
After school pick up, it was time to Vote. We heard our location was WE Baptist. I got there, both little patriots in tow, loaded them up in the stroller (amidst a PACKED PARKING LOT) and with the promise of cookies, made our way up the narrow ramp and through the crowded church.
Which brings me to another point that I find so very funny. "Separation of Church and State" obviously didn't mean on voting day, eh? But I digress....
Turns out, that wasn't our location and thank God for that because the line was long as the dickens. Off to the other church we went.
More promises (fulfilled this time) of cookies, no lines, and happy voting....then home for naps.
And liberty and justice for all.
No comments:
Post a Comment