I am going to take a moment and self deprecate. Pick on myself, if you will. Laugh if you must, I always do...
Dearest friends of the bean and biscuit, sometimes a girl has to do silly things to keep in touch with her girls. Getting dressed to go out used to be an event. Before babies, before weddings, before Texas...just after college and living the high life. (not a dime to our names yet always found a way to have a good old time) These were the days of "fat girl's paradise". (For those of you who don't know...fat girl's paradise is the term given to any award show night: Oscars, Golden Globes, Grammys, etc. We'd have all the girls over and everyone would bring their snack of choice.. Kit Kat bites, popcorn with M&M's, Dr. Pepper, Sour Patch Kids...you name it, we had it. Usually beer and wine were not involved, as award shows usually fall on Sunday nights and after a Thursday-Saturday weekend...you get the picture. This was all after a fine feast of take out, no less, whether it was Gillroy's pizza or Chinese. Sometimes we'd even pull out the fold out couch and all lay on the bed in our pj's. Clearly during commercial breaks the world's problems were solved. Oh. And of course we were our very own fashion police.)
But I digress. So those were the days of cranking up the latest tunes while getting ready, scouring each other's closets for the best looks for the night, trying on a zillion things, throwing things here and there and emerging (what we thought at least:) as rock stars.
Insert Texas, Marriage, & Babies. Now when we want to have a fashion show I do one of two things: 1.) Ella comes running over and I send a bag of goodies across the street for Jocelyn to try and vise versa 2.) I take a picture of the chosen "get up" and text it to all the gals I miss so much to see if it gets the stamp of approval.
So last night, I struck a pose. Was it because I think I'm hotter than a $2 pistol? No. Was it because I plan on sending this to Prince William as if to say "see what you missed?" Nope. Let's be honest. Most days I wonder if I remembered to put on the same color shoes if shoes at all. And I'm lucky (really lucky) if my head sees shampoo more than 2 times in a week. It's just good old fashioned missing my peeps. There are days when it just gets me. And playing dress up always gets me.
And after all....Miss AH says that when it comes to pictures "If it bends, bend it". Good advice.
It also begs to be shared with friends...I mean this entire get up was purchased for under $40. Earrings, bracelet, & top: Forever 21 FASHION MECCA. I like sharing my finds with my sisters. Now instead of all of us being in a closet trying on 15 things, they got texts in Italy, Atlanta, and Charleston.
A Zillion miles away....but still a fat girl's paradise. ;)
I MISS YOU GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE IT!!! I do the same thing!!!
ReplyDelete