
BREAKFAST THIS MORNING...A PICTURE TO TELL DADDY "GOOD MORNING!" On the menu? Mommy's beer biscuits....a recipe I learned from Happy, who learned it from....NUNS.
P.s. Patton picked out the shirt he wore today....
TODAY was a rainy day. I mean the kind where the bottom falls out of the sky. I heard Patton singing on the monitor this morning "Rain, Rain , go away". It was very cute. I walked in to his shutters wide open...he was sitting cross legged on the floor peeking out at the soggy day.
Cute and innocent and CALM, right?
Oh Lordy if he could only be that way during the rest of the minutes of the day. He's 2. He's a boy. He can't quite communicate every word and frustration which leads to...well...frustration. This leads to one exhausted mommy right now.
However, let me counter that with this thought: Every day when he was in that NICU, I prayed and prayed that he'd be an energetic little bull dozer. Well, my prayers were answered and so now I thank God for that. ;) And for sleep.
Back to the Rain. When I say it rained I mean sideways. Luckily I had my new, very trendy over the knee boots and jeans on. They were a steal, and I'll just take this opportunity to throw in a fashion rule: When you aren't sure about a trend, don't spend a lot of $ on it. If the trend goes south, or you don't like it for long, you haven't lost anything. These bad boys were all of $30....and I love them.
But I digress. I went to get my hair done and she had this...how shall I put it...."Keratin treatment for moms". It's a 24 hour thing. It's by no means the 6 hour, can't pull you hair back or it'll crimp" kind that I know should (according to sisters) "win the Pulitzer". However, it's the po' man's version. The gal with no time to deal with it.
After getting that done, I have to say the hair, which I never wear down, looked impressive. So now we have great hair, and a hurricane outside....and groceries to fetch.
Well, I fetched the groceries. As I was checking out, I noticed someone on a surfboard in the parking lot. Ok, not really, but there were WAVES in the parking lot. What's a freshly straightened girl to do???
My jeans got soaked. My shirt (which was white) got soaked. My boots got soaked. My groceries got soaked. (RIP Cheerios box) My hair, however, did not. Oh yes, I found a way. Not one single drop.
As I unloaded the bags into the house, pouring (literally) the water out of the bottom of the bags, I got a looksie in the microwave....
STILL STRAIGHT. That brings a smile to a momma who wears a pony tail 99% of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment