
Summertime is my favorite. Despite the mosquitoes. Despite the heat. Despite the humidity stricken hair. It is my love. All year long I wait for it, and when it's here, I relish every second. Every sunrise and sunset. Every fish that flops and jumps at dusk. Every pelican getting his dinner. Every beach day. Every little nick of sand. The smell of chlorine. The swim lessons. The coppertone. The baby tan lines in rolls of fat. The cookouts. The tomatoes. The wearing next to nothing.
I love it all.
We are in the thick of it, though it feels like after the 4th of July, it flies by. To hang on to every last second of it, I decided to dive in with the babies full force.
Monday we went to Seawolf Park and had a picnic. We watched the fisherman fish, the ferry boats rolling in, and the harbor pilots.
Tuesday we splashed at Palm Beach at Moody Gardens. We had a picnic there, too.
Today I ran around for the first time since before our Destin trip and I have to say, I missed the babies. I think they may have missed me a bit, too. Patton splashed on the deck (though now that he thinks he's Michael Phelps, he wanted a bigger pool). Carolina collected a stack of 4 different bows that she pulled out of her hair successfully.
Ahhhh...the dog days of summer.
Like I said to my friends and family, "The girl can still write!"
ReplyDelete