Monday, July 19, 2010

Alas, she is GONE.

In a strange twist of fate, after my last update on Latifah, hubby worried I'd "slipped over the edge". He insisted we "microwave" her.

Ahem.

Granted, if I saw this ant crawling around in one of the kids' rooms, or in my bathroom for that matter, she'd be squashed with a flip flop faster than you can say "ant dust". So what was the big deal?

I'll tell you what: I promised if the old broad could manage to live through the night, outlasting all the men, she deserved to be set free...keeping in mind I didn't want her and her colony overrunning my house.

We compromised.

We set out an ant trap on the deck, and opened the glad lock box. If she escaped, not eating any of the ant trap...fine. Let her go. If she ate the ant trap and took the rest over to her colony and they all went to meet their maker, that was fine, too.

This morning....THE VERDICT.

Queen Latifah is gone, with only one subject left behind. There are new (wingless) ants crawling around the ant trap. Sister's whereabouts are unknown, but let this be a warning...if I find her again, she'll be beheaded. Queen or not, she's not crossing my babies.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment