Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This goes out to the Truckers...

Daddy and uncles have hired us to make a CD for the Truckers that come to the dock. Everyone kept wondering what kind of marketing piece you could give to a trucker to remind them of the terminal...koozies, t-shirts, hats....it's all been done before.

But...a cd...now that's something that keeps on giving. Naturally, mommy was on the case.

I narrowed my library of 700 songs down to 53 potential trucking songs. How do you cut 20 of those to make a good cd? We were perplexed.

Listening to the whole mix helped cut a few...but we still needed help. So, this afternoon, I sent this questionnaire to the boys with the hope that if they answered it, I'd know their truckers a little better, thus I'd know what to play for them. Here's the email and questionnaire:

Hey boys. I am burning the trucker cd today while the munchkins are napping.

Please help me by answering Yes or No to a few QUICK AS LIGHTNING questions. It helps to know who I am burning this for. It would be a big help! I think we'd be silly to assume all the truckers in 2010 are Jerry Reed from Smokey and the Bandit...

1. Are they a "Danny Smith" (God rest his merry soul) crowd, or do they hang out at places like Luke's (a gas station) and play the slot machines and burn down cigarettes?

2. Do they hate "the man" and think everyone is out to get them?


3. Would they be at home on the strand in a bandanna at biker rally?

4. Would they hang out at the Poop deck, or places MUCH rougher than that?

5. Do they get into fights?

6. Do they dream big but fall short (and blame that all on other people's mistakes?)

7. Are they proud Texans or from all over?

8. Do they like "daddy's country" or Texas rock like Stevie Ray Vaughn, Robert Earl Keen, ZZ top?

9. Have they been to jail?

10. Do they all speak English?


Well, hubby and Johnny were in a meeting, so I got a call from Billy, laughing, and we did a live interview. The answers to all the above?

A resounding YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment