Monday, April 26, 2010

The 1/2 mouse, the slug, & the skeetie

If that title doesn't sound like a Disney Pixar film, I don't know what does...

Yesterday will from this point on, be known as "Critter Sunday".

We went to church and the American Heart Ball on Saturday night, therefore Sunday morning was a free for all. While Todd and the babies ate breakfast, I ran up to the model home, grabbed the Evia golf cart from Aunt Kelley, and loaded everyone up for a Sunday drive. We even swung by Uncle Billy's house to see him after his trip to Haiti.

*side note* Daddy & Uncles are helping rebuild the Canadian Embassy in Haiti...both uncles have been on trips there in the last two weeks...boy do they have stories to tell!

We rode all around Evia, looking for ducks, enjoying the wind in our faces, and letting Carolina try out her hot pink sunglasses. Little miss Hollywood.

When we got home, it was time for Missy to take a nap, so Patton joined mommy and daddy outside for some good sidewalk chalking, exploring, and running.

In the backyard we found.............dun dun duuuuuuuuun.....half of an animal. Just the bottom part. All I saw were two legs and what looked to be a bad run in with the lawn mower men. At first I gasped because I thought it could have been our dear bunny friends....but when my husband noticed the long tail, my grief was short lived. It was a dead rat.

I haven't a clue where the other half of that body is, was or whatever...and I hope I don't find out.

Later that same day, Patton was getting cranky. Lately he has had a bit of terrible (almost) twos and has been testy at times. I put him down early for a nap and when he still hadn't woken up at 5:30 I went and got him, only to discover he had a temp of 103. Gigi had cooked a big dinner for everyone and we were on our way to eat it, but got side tracked to the clinic instead.

Patton getting mommy love at the doctor's office

Turns out P had an ear infection (yes, you can still get those when you have tubes) and some kind of virus that caused white spots on his tonsils. Poor man. He was a wet noodle all night, just feeling baaaaad. Mommy love cures all, however, and after a cuddle on my bed, some ear drops, and a cool bath, all was right with the world.

Around 9:30, after bathing babies, a sick visit to the clinic, and a missed dinner, I FINALLY sat down to eat the plate Todd brought home for me. One of Gigis famous dinners: Her salad, pork roast, carrots, and potatoes.

We watched "America: the story of us" on the History channel, which was spell binding, by the way, and I ate my yummy salad. http://www.history.com/shows/america-the-story-of-us

When I went to move a mushroom out of the way, it MOVED. Actually, it slithered.

It wasn't a mushroom. It was a slug/snail with no shell.

I had to think quickly: Do I: a) cut my head off b) scream my head off c)throw salad across the room.

Calmly, I put the salad down, and asked Todd to get that "thing" out of my sight and down the garbage disposal STAT. When I heard said disposal I said "did you get it or do you need to run it again?" Sweet Gigi was appalled tonight when I told her....we got a good laugh out of it! Some of the lettuce was straight from her garden, where she has many snail friends....

Needless to say, I didn't eat anything else. It was off to bed at this point. I crawled in my giant, most comfortable island of a bed and snuggled in for a night of good rest. As I looked over at the window, something caught my eye.

Was that a starfish? A hand? The Texas State Seal?

None of the above. It was a mosquito. And he was the size of a starfish, a hand, and the Texas state seal.

"Todd...please come in here and remove this starfish from our blinds."

During hubby's commute from the living room to the bedroom, I noticed said skeetie fish fly a little bit. You can imagine my reaction when hubby said "this is a daddy long legs".

I hadn't realized spiders could fly, you see.

Sigh. Critter Sundays: Mommy no likey.

No comments:

Post a Comment