Today we made BIG PLANS for dying Easter Eggs. Gigi brought all the supplies, including 2 dozen boiled eggs, over to Jocelyn's house and we made an afternoon of it on the screened porch.
Patton was bored after 8 minutes. he went back to playing with sticks and exploring. Carolina enjoyed sitting in the bumbo at the table with the big kids.
Mommy with her little Easter chickens
What happened before the Easter Egg EGGstravaganza was the REAL SHOW.
For days, months, hours...weeks-I have been working to get Patton to say words. Colors. Numbers. Names. Toys. ANYTHING. So far we have Dadda, Apple, Please, Zebra, Bib, Tractor, Car, Spoon, and a few random others. Colors, though, we work on the most. I always feel like it is literally going in one ear and out the other.
In the car we pick a color and we point out all the things we see: GREEN-We point out trees, flags, cars, grass, etc. You get the picture. But, like I said, in one ear and out the other.
This morning, as I was scolding Patton for pinching sister, and not sharing his ABC train, I sat down with both of them to do some color coaching, like I've done a ZILLION times before.
"Patton, can you push the RED BUTTON?" He pushed it.
Hmm.
"Patton, can you push the BLUE BUTTON?" He pushed it. And went on to push the yellow, orange, and green, as asked.
I do not think I have EVER smiled that big in my whole life. I held my arms out to him and he lept in and I just laughed and squeezed him and told him how very proud I was of him. Even though he's not saying it, the little stinker knows his colors.
"How long have you known this???!!!!" I asked him.
"we oiro psjdopi nfosnok soidfo osoihijoh o" he said. Back to work on those words....little victories.
Hooray for Patton: word recognizer champion!!!
ReplyDeleteHorray! Receptive language developes long before expressive. Have you done any baby-sign language with him?
ReplyDelete