"I know the English language is important...but I want you to teach our children that math is fun. Alone, single numbers are just dumb digits...but together, they become functional!"
Me: (highly amused)
"Uh huh. Do you like to operate machinery?"
Husband: "yes."
Me: "Are you good at it?"
Husband: "Great."
Me: "Then if you love math and are so good at it....and I hate it and am soooooooo bad at it (hence the reason sweet Carolina is with us, and Thank GOD she is) then why don't YOU TEACH THEM?"
Summary:
Math is not fun. Math is only fun when it is mystical and magical, like Fibinocci (sp?) numbers which are mysteriously found in nature. 1 plus 1 is as boring as watching paint dry. I'll teach creativity, English (bless...it may not sound like the King's English, but what have you...) and a few other neccessities, and will try my best to ensure good behavior at school. But, when it comes to Math, lend a sister some help, ok?
No comments:
Post a Comment