Monday, January 25, 2010

Dear Kelly Ripa:

Yep, I sent her this message via the Regis and Kelly Website: (yes I'm serious...I want the girl to take me shopping...don't you?)

After having 2 children in 14 months, let's just say, my wardrobe needed updating. Hours of sweat, will power (saying "no!" to cheese), and the horror of having to wipe DUST off my black pumps led me to a recent shopping trip.

I looked at the mounds of trendy, cute things and was immediately flustered. Mind you, I'm no squatty troll who wears big sweatshirts...I worked at Saks 5th Avenue right out of college and have a genuine love for fashion. However, at that moment, I felt....(insert gasp) too old to enjoy any of the new trends.

High heel booties? As if chasing around my 17 month old boy and 14 week old girl weren't hard enough without a broken ankle.

Sequins? For what, taking the kids to school? The grocery store?

This called for a venti starbucks. The silly girl at the counter said she didn't have anything of the vodka persuasion to put in there, so I had to let the caffeine suffice.

It was then that it hit me..."what would Kelly Ripa do?" Would she be seen in a skinny jean if she looked like the Penguin from Batman? Absolutely not. Would she buy something she had to be talked into by the sales girl? Not a chance.

That was my answer. When in doubt, with that cute shirt that may or may not make me look like a Chicken McNugget draped over me in the fitting room, I will now ask: What would Kelly Ripa do? If she wouldn't be down with it, neither will I!

KELLY, PLEASE COME HELP ME UPDATE MY WARDROBE BACK FROM A 31 YEAR OLD "USED TO BE CUTE" TO A 31 YEAR OLD "WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE HAS 2 KIDS"!
Thank you!!

6 comments:

  1. Bud, I know exactly what you mean! I went shopping before Lauren's bachelorette evening and was like...What does one wear to a bachelorette these days??? I ended up with some citizen jean leggings...they are my new favorite pants :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. right there with you sista!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister, in Italy EVEN MY 73 YEAR OLD MOTHER-IN-LAW wears high heeled boots to do the grocery shopping. It's all sequins and ankle booties ALL THE TIME around here. I don't know how (or why, really) they do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Sae. You so deserve for Kelly to take you shopping, girl. I hope she calls soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is hilarious! i love that you did that! and who hasn't thought about becoming who we once were! 2 babies in 20 months here! i would love a closet makeover myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are adorable. And I can TOTALLY see you having that conversation with her!

    ReplyDelete