Saturday, January 23, 2010

Alien Southwest Art, Love Daddy



Yesterday my sweet husband came home from Salt Lake City bearing gifts. He had an airplane for P, a teddy bear for C and....this coffee mug for me. He said he spent 45 minutes painstakingly searching for a gift for me and that "I'm really hard to buy for". He pulled out this mug, sheepishly, and said "I mean, they had TONS of turquoise jewelry, but you don't really wear that stuff".

Ahem.


As my mouth hung open in shock, my fingers went to the turquoise earrings in my ears (that I wear a minimum of 3 times a week), my eyes went to the THREE turquoise bracelets and ring I was wearing....my mind went to my jewelry box which is FILLed with the stuff, which I wear almost every day...and I thought to myself "who is this alien?"


I mean...honestly. It's like me saying "hey, honey, they had TONS of cowboy boots, but you really don't wear those, so...."


Absurd.


(Insert giggle fest)


My sweet hubby. He freezes and forgets who he is when he buys me things these days. It doesn't matter to me a bit. He could give me a rubber chicken (maybe for valentine's day??;) and I'd love it. Because...I know he clammered over it, just for me!It's my new favorite mug! Who needs cute dainty coffee cups with matching saucers when you can have REAL southwestern art made "especially for me by Moki" ?

1 comment: