This has been some month! Since Patton's birthday party, we've: had to go to TX Children's because my little chicken got a piece of chicken caught in his throat, spiked 103 fever because of an ear infection, had a swollen (think Red Mickey Mouse ear) ear due to a bug bite, had another dilation at TX Children's (routine), and went BACK to the doctor this morning because of a chance he had the onset of the flu. Cousin Mallie Jaymes had the flu Sunday, with a temp of 103, so we've all been taking this medicine that is supposed to help you fight it if exposed. Since I'm 35 weeks pregnant today, they say I'm high risk. Ce la vie
The picture above is from Navasota Texas. We escaped to the Ranch for the long Labor Day weekend and on the way to the little country grocery store, we stumbled upon this BBQ place. They had me at hello....right until I read "Mutton" at the bottom of the sign. Ick. The place wasn't open yet, as it was 9am, however, I made a vow to come back and experience the goodness that must be Ruthie's. Not to mention the window AC unit...
At the Ranch, we loaded up the kiddos (Ella, Patton, & Mallie Jaymes) and took them to the lake to see if the fish were biting after dinner one night.
Here's where it gets good: ONE HANDED FISH
Picture it. There I stood, 8 months pregnant, Chanel sunglasses atop my head. I had a 23 pound Bean in my left arm, and a fishing rod in my right. He helped me cast and reel, reel and cast. Finally, I felt a little tug at the line and jerked ever so slightly. Low and behold, it was a fish.
One handed, I held the Bean, reeled in my fish, and never lost my sunglasses. I did need help when it came time to unhook him, however. That's whend daddy and Uncle Johnny came running over. It was one of my prouder moments, I must say.
This is the fish Patton and I caught the next day. It looks small in the picture, but it was HUGE I tell you! Ok, maybe not the grand daddy of all fish, but definately a cocky male teenager! I like to fish as long as I'm winning. Silly, I know.
WHEELER NAKED DEALER
Coming back from the ranch, we stopped in to look at a Yukon Todd had put a bid on. He wheeled and dealed and got an excellent price on it, so we put down an amount, and they said they'd put her through the car beauty shop and we could come get her at the end of the week. PHENOM!!!
This past Saturday, we planned to go up to Houston and pick her up. I called and got everything arranged, only to find out THEY SOLD MY RIG. I had specifically asked them "you're not going to sell this while we're gone are you? This is MY RIG, right??" They assured me that wouldn't happen, so you can imagine my disdain when it did.
Not to be discouraged, I called Hubby and we discussed the "plan". It seems they had our car's twin at the dealership that had 1500 miles on it from being a loaner car. I rubbed my hands together and started in on my speech. After calling the sales girl, and being told the manager would call me back, I drew a nice lil' bath and waited.
The phone rang. The sales manager (very car salesy, I must say) said how very sorry he was, and they wanted to make this "right". Well, here were my terms as I laid them out for him, from the bathtub:
1. We want a dollar off for every mile on that car. $1500
2. We want to trade in my explorer for $14,000 (it was only appraised at $10-11)
3. We want to redeem a 15 year old GM Mastercard rebate that Todd had
As I sat with soap between my toes, the deal was done, and thus, I have my new ride. A pretty Diamond White Yukon Denalli with XM Radio and a sunroof. When I say we drove away like we stole it, I mean we GOT A GOOD DEAL. Best deal ever I'd say. Patton was a good partner in the whole thing, too.
So there you have it. When dealing with car salesmen, do it from the bathtub. ;)
From the bathtub AND 8 months pregnant~ H
ReplyDeleteWhew! Now that's one whopping good yarn!
ReplyDelete