
***DISCLAIMER*** This is NOT picture of Saltwater's cake...just the closest I could find to it on Google...
THE REVIEW:
Saturday night hubby and I skipped a fundraiser we had tickets to and decided we'd have a date night. We don't get many of those by ourselves and it was refreshing and earned! After having a fabulous meal at SkyBar (sushi & steak) on St. Patty's day, we decided to give it a re-visit.
It didn't disappoint. My spider rolls (fried soft shell crab, avocado, cucumber, rice, and other excellence) were famous, while hubby's spicy tuna was exactly what he wanted. We followed it up with the perfect steak, drizzled in Asian sauce (soy or teriyaki...don't know which), Asian vegetables, and fried rice. It was delicious....
But the kicker came when pregnant mommy got a hankering for dessert. We walked down Post Office to Saltwater, sat at the bar, and got suggestions from the bartender on what to get. Hubby decided on apple strudel with blue bell ice cream, and I went for the "chocolate truffle cake".
On the walk, I explained "what I really want is some kind of chocolate ooey gooey gumdrop of a dessert"...though with a heavy heart, I fretted I may not find it randomly that night.
The bartender described this cake as "a flourless cake that's put in the oven for 15 minutes and gets a baked, crisp outside and the inside is melted chocolate".
After 1 bite, here's the NEW AND IMPROVED description....Mr. Hart, feel free to put this on the menu to entice diners, and please note I'm renaming it:
The Ooey gooey gumdrop cake is a little bite of chocolate heaven. It's one of those things they should put on "the Best Thing I Ever Ate"...that show on the food network.
It comes out looking like a mini round, gumdrop shaped cake, but when you slice your fork into it, a chocolate mound of ooey gooey goodness oozes out. It's warm on the inside, slightly chewy and crisp on the outside, and seriously satisfies the choco-craving fanatic.
Imagine the satisfaction of licking a spoon of brownie batter-only 100 times better. Even though the bartender said "it isn't calorie friendly" I could have had 2 more...easily, and with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla on the side.
Run...don't walk to Saltwater and have this irresistible "cake". Like I said, it's food network worthy. Rarely do you get a random craving and have it satisfied like this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment