Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A bird and a communion of sorts


Story #1:

This morning as I was unloading groceries and trying my best to make it to my meeting at 11am, a big, fat, black, nasty bird flew into my car...unbeknownst. I walked back down the stairs to grab the last of a monster load of groceries and there he was...flying around, just having a merry ole' time in my rig. So, I did what any self respecting momma would do in front of her babies...I shrieked, opened all the doors, and hoped to God he flew out. (taking with him all his poo, mites, and lice, mind you)




This is a Grackle. I have always thought they were called "crackles" because that's the annoying sound they make. It's awful. This is the exact kind that flew in my car.

Once he left the premises, I loaded up and headed to my meeting, only to notice I had literally scared the MESS out of him because he left me a present on my center console...and thus on my elbow.

Ew.




Story #2

Patton takes a Prevacid (for reflux) and a Claratin (allergies) every single morning. I put them in my hand, and present these to him, he takes, and eats. Yesterday after he ate the larger of the two, he gave himself the sign of the cross and and said "Amen".


It took me a second to figure out what was going on....


Every Sunday, as we walk down the isle for Communion, my husband usually holds Patton, and I hold Carolina. We take the bread, give the sign of the cross, and say "Amen".


My little observant 2 year old thinks he's taking communion every day with those tablets.


Goes to show several things: 1) even though I never seem to catch 1 word of the sermon, seeing as how the entire time is trying desperately to keep the babies quiet and calm, the little ones still get something out of it. 2) They observe EVERYTHING.


Bless.

1 comment: