
Two years ago today, the Bean....after 4 months in the NICU....FINALLY went AWOL and came home! I will never forget this day as long as I live. He smiled the entire car ride home. This was the first time he'd ever been in his carseat...met his cousins...seen trees! Aunts and Uncles had Michael Burger waiting on us inside with a sign that said "Michael Burger is back open and Patton is home....all is right with the world!" Indeed.
The whole time he was in Houston, I lived with Aunt Kissy and her peeps. She hung a sign on my door that said "I believe in Miracles". That little mantra is very special to me. Last year for Christmas, she gave me a big sign for that says the same thing and it now sits in our bedroom for the Holidays.
Rest assured, we believe! Welcome home, P! You've come a long way, baby.
What an amazing difference a year makes!
ReplyDelete