Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Aunt Jemima did it again.....and Lina's 3rd pair of pants


You may have read that I tried Aunt Jemima Pancake syrup and love it. It's not that sticky and comes off the little hands with such ease I can't even tell you....

Well, Monday at the grocery, I decided to try (you guessed it) Aunt Jemima brand pancakes for the tots. Oh my Lordy....y'all, put down your eggos. Put down your Mrs. Butterworth's. Put down your bisquick. The only thing in this world you need are these...and THEY'RE FROZEN!!! Trust me. And trust Aunt J....AGAIN. Sister knows her cake.

Let me take you straight to the taste....they are buttery, fluffy, not too sweet....they don't even NEED the syrup! I'm telling you, since I can't have Clinton Street Bakery (NYC) pancakes here in Texas (and Thank God I can't), these will do. Trust.



Today, Carolina woke up and looked a wee bit pale. Her usual rosy cheeks weren't so pink. Granted, she still had a sparkle in her eye, but she was just a little...off. I suspected she had an upset tummy.

Last night, mommy's tummy was upset too...I think we got ourselves a bad spinach dip, myself. I felt so rotten I crawled in bed at 8:30 and was out like a light 15 minutes later.

My suspicions were confirmed when she threw up all over the floor, which surprised her, and led to her legs going out from under her...which landed her little booty straight in it.

That was pair of pants #1.

Pair of pants #2 was ruined about 20 minutes later, but from the other END of the spectrum, if you will.

Pair of pants #3 lasted until bath time, thank Goodness. But that wasn't without a 2nd throw up episode, followed by 1 oz of pedialyte every 15 minutes the rest of the day to prevent dehydration.

Tonight she ate banana, rice, and a little bit of mashed potatoes, washed down with...you guessed it...more pedialyte.

We're hoping the little biscuit feels better manana.

The picture above is the Bean and Biscuit staring at daddy through the window. Love it when they do that....

THIS POST HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY: THE MAKERS OF PEDIALYTE, AS WELL AS MRS. ANDERSON, WHO MAKES THE WORLD'S BEST PEANUT BUTTER BALLS, OF WHICH I HAVE BEEN HIDING FROM MYSELF, SO AS NOT TO START THE NEW YEAR 10 LBS HEAVIER.....

No comments:

Post a Comment