Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"Do you wear that lash lengthening stuff?"

Last night Hubby and I were falling asleep watching TV. A Drew Barrymore Cover Girl Commercial came on for mascara. Todd watched in silence. Then he asked:

"Do you ever wear that lash lengthening stuff?"

I said "you mean, mascara?"

"Yeah, mascara" he said.

After a moment of complete and overwhelming shock I snickered. Which turned into a fit of giggles. Which led to full on guffawing. Which, naturally, led to tears streaming, can't catch my breath, screaming into my pillow laughter. This went on for a solid 7 minutes or more.

At this point in time, a Dairy Queen commercial was on and there were clowns in it. Todd asked:

"What's so funny? The clowns? What is it? Tell me!??!!!"

"You----are----the----clown", I choked out between gasping for air.

Do I wear mascara? Not since the comment about "you never wear turquoise" has a breath been so wasted. I recovered finally, and explained that no woman in her right mind EVER leaves the house without it.....ESPEICALLY not his wife.

For Pete sakes...what's the next question:

"Do you wear hair spray?"
"Do you like to dance?"
"Want some chocolate?"
"Wanna go to Charleston?"

Glory Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment