
While Daddy was away in South Padre for his Bocci Ball Tournament, mommy and babies had one adventure after another.
It all started Thursday afternoon, when we headed down to the strand to wish the (former) Mayor, Lyda Ann Thomas farewell from her post. She arrived by horse and carriage, and while we waited for her, Patton and Carolina danced to the sounds of the blues band coming out of Crow Bar. They were AWESOME. Yes, the Biscuit had her first blues bar experience at the wee age of 7 months...
Friday afternoon we packed up and headed to the Aquarium. I packed Patton's dinner, put sister in the baby bijorn, and headed out. When we got there at 5:10pm, the people at the door said "I'm sorry, the last entry was 5."
The look on my face said enough, and we were allowed to pass. ;)
The picture above is Patton eating his dinner via his stroller, picnic style. We strolled outside, looked at all the pretty landscaping, the new butterfly exhibit, and the water. It was awesome.
Later that night, after putting Patton down to sleep, I was feeding Carolina when, BOOOOOM!!! A huge burst of thunder and lightening ripped through the sky. Little did we know, it hit the telephone pole outside our house causing two things: a fireworks display....and the Sullivan girls across the street to go into hysterics. Their mommy and daddy had been outside on their porch teaching them how "rain wasn't scary". I think Ja said the crying stopped about 30 minutes later...
The next day was the Galveston Bathing Beauty Revue on the beach in front of the Galvez. This time, we packed up the wagon with lunch and headed out to see all the dames in their bathing suits. These weren't bikinis...they were old fashion bathing suits made of cotton fabric. It was so cool. They handed out hot dogs, had music, and all the gals had 40's style hair do's and shoes.
Carolina was too young to participate, though I'm sure she'd have won.
The Bean, eating his chicken and stars, apple sauce, and milk....and making a fine mess of the beach, his shoes, and the wagon. Luckily, mommy brought a jug of water and simply rinsed everything down! Easy peasy! Patton liked flirting with the bathing beauties.
We suspect Patton put the other shoe in the trash, his new favorite place to play. I can't fault him, as he puts things in there when asked (diapers, paper, bottles, etc.) and is very helpful. But now we are missing 2 shoes, lamb (Oh the horror of missing lamb!) and a sippee cup.
This morning, one mystery was solved. I found the sippee cup under a chair in the living room. When I say it had old milk...I mean oooooooold milk. I tried the dishwasher...and ajax...and ended up having to throw it out. No recovering from old milk, I just learned. Let that be a lesson to ya'.
;)



No comments:
Post a Comment