Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Orzo...I thought. he, he.

Every Monday is grocery day. Without fail. Every. Single. Monday. I loathe the place, therefore I like to know when I have to go...kind of like looking at the nurse giving you a shot....dead in the eye and saying "alright, go for it." I purchase all the goods for the week, and then I never have to see that place again for 6 more days. Works great.

I always seem to get inspired when I walk through the door. "What can I buy this week that Patton can/will eat?"

This week's new investment was Orzo pasta. I usually spend a while cutting up the normal spagetti we eat and he gobbles it up. But Orzo...now there's an idea! Pasta that is only as big as rice!

It was a HIT. The little man couldn't get enough of it. Shoveled it in as though it was Godiva and it was melting fast.

This was shirtless...I feel I should mention that. PJ bottoms, a bib, and no shirt. Why you ask? Because when I was getting sister dressed after her bath, Patton dumped an entire bucket of water on himself and the bathroom floor, which of course, meant that he went straight into the tub. So, since he was clean, I was trying to avoid sending him to bed with Spagetti PJs. Trust me, it is much easier to scrub a belly than a sleeve. Note to self.

While I cooked, sister rocked in her chair while brother got out every single cooking spoon to use as instruments on the table. He also found a frying pan rather fun, and took that to the couch to play.

Other things of amusement: every medicine dropper, every plastic bowl, every paper bowl, every sippee stopper, every lid, and a few spatulas.

Maybe he's the next Emeril?

1 comment:

  1. I can see it now, when he wins the Heisman from Texas A&M: "It was the Orzo pasta my mama used to feed me!"

    ReplyDelete