Well, I'm 22 (?) weeks along now and my belly is getting bigger. Since I was as big as a log cabin with Patton, I'm sensitive to certain things....like my legs. I can shape up my arms and abs as quick as you can yell "Go!" but my legs are another story. Every gal has that part of her body that's resistant to workouts and I am no different. Granted, Patton had more water than the Atlantic surrounding him because he was a special case, but still....when you're big, you're BIG.
This time I decided to try some tactics, if you will, to keep my legs in shape. Shape Ups (http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-clothing/brands/skechers_shape-ups_shoes/list) , which are the ugliest things to come out for feet since Ugg boots along with Fit Flops (http://www.fitflop.com/ are my tools. Now, I'm no slouch, I realize that wearing flip flops around the house isn't going to make my legs any longer, leaner, or more tan. But hey, if they improve my posture, don't hurt my feet, and help make my backside a little more firm, can it hurt? No....it can't. While they may not be "miracle shoes" as advertised, they just can't hurt. I also got a thigh master. That's right...from the 80's. It's blue and you squeeze it. It really does work. Keep it someplace that you sit often and just do 15 or 20 reps on that thing and see what happens. http://www.thighmaster.net/
The other thing, which I did with Patton, too, is exercise. Ladies and gents, get off your hineys and exercise. I saw a lady on Good Morning America today that claims she's "fat and fabulous" and has felt so much better since she quit dieting. Well, hon....McDonald's can give anyone that euphoric feeling, let's be honest. You won't feel so great when you are on the stretcher complaining of chest pains, your back hurts, and you get stuck on the toilet. I'm just saying...
Exercise is good. Do I always feel like doing it? Absolutely not. This morning I would have rather slept another two hours, but the Bean was up and why not go for a stroll wearing the shoes that look correctional? It's dry here right now, the skeeties are away for the moment, so there's no better time. It is getting a little hot, though, I'll throw that out there.
Could I eat a warm snicker's bar every single day? yes I could. I could also enjoy a quarter pounder with cheese and fries, or nachos bell grande, or a double with cheese with a frosty, and I could blame it alllllll on pregnancy. But I choose not to. I do occassionally dive into a McDonald's burger, but it's limited. New baby doesn't need to be addicted to fat, after all.
So, here's my challenge to all those who haven't gotten your heart rates up in too long to remember. EXERCISE. It clears the mind, gets your heart right, and from what I read and hear, it can eliminate the need for all those drugs you take for all your ailments. Lower blood pressure? Check. Better back and ab strength? Check. Feel better about yourself? Check. LIVE LONGER???? CHECK CHECK CHECK! Why not get some buddies and do it together? Start a blog! Eat healthy!
After all, Patton wants all his peeps around for a loooooooooooooooong time! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment