Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bringing Up Baby


Cultural Reference: "Bringing Up Baby" is a movie from 1929 (or is it 1939...not sure-before my time, in any case) starring Katherine Hepburn and Carey Grant. Katherine Hepburn is at her best, causing trouble, and driving Carey Grant nuts. She has a leopard (named Baby) and between all the things that happen, he realizes he can't live without her.

I am fairly certain I drive my hubby crazy, too.

But I digress....

The picture above is me and the little Bug (yes, I think he will be "the bug") enjoying the last days of summer. Summer around here, weather wise, lasts until November or so. However, with the start of school comes the official "end of summer" I have always felt. Hearing the words "back to school" still makes me get a lump in my throat.

Today there were cicadas chirping, breeze blowing (even though it was a 101 degree breeze), lawn mowers mowing...it was great.


Mintues before being wheeled off to the O.R.



Stork balloon from Aunt Ja for big bro and big sis. They demolished him. I finally threw him away today.


Proud daddy announcing "it's a boy!" to the family. He was given a pair of scrubs to wear, on which he insisted on putting his belt on the outside so baby could see it.


Monday night...or was it Sunday...can't remember. Babys 1st bath at home with us. Handsome fella.


No comments:

Post a Comment