Friday, August 6, 2010

They've named a Wing after us...

Patton has swallowed something which isn't budging. It could be a pretzel...or a shoe. Who knows! We are at Texas Children's "aka Hotel Patton" because the docs have to go in and fish said item out. Here is an update I sent to the fam:

So...the word from the patton wing...

The silly goat had a swallow study yesterday since he can drink fluids but clearly (since wed evening) can't swallow solids. The barium clearly shows something in there. Amazing. Dr says it looks like a "grape" but he hasn't eaten anything like that. I think it's either a pretzel or cheese puff he shoved in and swallowed without chewing. Knowing P, it could be a tin can for all we know...


Without Mallie here to say "chew chew, patt-ty" how was he to know??

Anyway, I tried working my mommy skills to get them to let us stay at "Hotel Kissy" since he could drink but they weren't having it. Wanted us to stay here in case it became "dislodged".

Our room is really incredible. It's a hotel. Has a safe, a bed for mommy, a bath and shower....and the view is incredible for P. He gets to watch construction all day and night. (Attached)

Luckily, since this isn't our 1st rodeo (literally here exactly a year ago to the DAY!!!) Mommy packed a bag. We have jammies, clothes, hair and make up essentials (so mommy feels like a human) and of course...lamb. As we speak lamb and p are taking a nap in the stroller.

This place amazes me. They have this thing called "radio lollipop" where these cutie girls come in with activities and coloring stuff. They have a fleet of cozy coupes, mickey airplanes, etc. Even patton's high chair is a LEATHER peg perego!

All this is very entertaining, but he's hungry and about to get an IV. Things are gonna turn ugly quick I'm afraid.

Hopefully they can get us in soon! Last year we were here 3 days, God forbid. We don't want a birthday at TCH. Cankt believe something so simple and harmless has us in lock up! Never a dull, I tell you, never a dull...

More later! I'm great-showered and starbucksed and trying my darndest to call all the shots. (Shocker)

Jocy-you need to write a book called "how to get through labor in 20 minutes flat" and I'll follow it up with a sequel "how to do the hospital with style". That's our $ maker.

Love to all! We are happy as clams in our taj mahal, but missing sister and daddy something fierce.

Ss and Ps

No comments:

Post a Comment