Enjoy Patton's song of the day:
"Loves Me Like Rock" by Paul Simon
watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91-sIXPX7ZA (there are gospel singers in this one...love it)
Ahhh...the little luxuries of being a mommy. Like when your biscuit sleeps until 6am. Remember when you thought that was early? Not anymore. It's afternoon by that point and since mommy goes to bed at 9, that's a full night of rest. Or, when baby takes a good long 2 hour nap, or burps well, or has bowel movements every day consistantly. These are the little things that make mommies happy.
Here's a bit of advice. I don't know who's going to read this, just wanted to state some things I've learned...and trust me, it's something new every single day.
1. When you take a shower (usually when they are napping) get out and immediately dry your hair. I don't know what your routine is, maybe you already did this, but when you just don't know how long a nap will be, dry hair is key. You can put on make up any time after that.
2. My sister-in-laws agree: from the time they wake up from the afternoon nap until the time they go to bed is the hardest part of the day. Just face it. This week I am strategizing to try and combat this time of day by planning things for us to do. It's just that they are not 100%...they are tired, you are tired, and it's time to get ready to cook, go out, etc...it's hard. Moms-to-be...you won't understand until you get there.
3. Routine at night is very important. They say not to bathe them every night, well we do it. He loves it. It calms him down. He knows after that he gets his last bottle, then it's bed time.
4. When Patton first came home, I felt like I was running on a tread mill trying to figure things out. Then slowly, things just start falling into place. The #1 thing that helps? Sleep schedule. And, it's the most difficult to figure out. Once that starts lining up, your WHOLE DAY is better.
Beware, though...the minute...the very second you think you have him down to a science, the little bug changes on ya. God Love em.
Being a mommy is the most challenging/rewarding thing I've ever done. :) No question.
Enjoy Patton's song of the day:
"Loves Me Like Rock" by Paul Simon
watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91-sIXPX7ZA
Love the advice:) I need all I can get these days:) Mackenzie is sleeping 3-4 hours in a clip and eating about 3-4 oz. XOXO Kendall
ReplyDeleteSarah, thank you for posting these little tid bits! =) I'll try to remember them. I'm finally pregnant and it looks like it's gonna stick this time!! My hormone numbers are looking good.... Please keep me in your prayers! Still think about you guys all the time. =)
ReplyDelete