Today is Fat Tuesday which means we get to stuff ourselves with everything in our cupboards before fasting for Lent. (you won't catch me fasting, though I will try to not eat meat on Fridays) Last year I gave up alcohol (easy to do when you're pregnant) so this year....the jury's out on what I'm giving up. Does sleep count? If so, we've got that one down around here. Tonight we have the Fat Tuesday Mystic Krewe of Aquarius Parade.
You can check out all the festivities and what we've been up to at: http://www.mardigrasgalveston.com/index.html
Here are all the goings on from our end....
INVITE COURTESY:http://www.hayleyhardcastle.com/ (Her work is genius...one of the most creative and talented people I've ever met!!)
This was the Momus president's party.... http://www.knightsofmomus.net/
This was the night of the Coronation Ball where all of the duchesses are presented at the Opera House. It is important to note that mommy had a hair weave, ahem, this night. Patton helped her pick it out. (so that the bun in the back would be full, of course a girl needs a weave) I am happy to report, it didn't fall out on the dancefloor.
Sista's at the Ball after the Coronation of "King Frivolous"
Jocelyn, Kristen (about to have #4) Kelley, and Patton's Mommy. All the bars were Mardi Gras floats and people threw beads while you got drinks. The band was awesome. Todd and I danced all night. Patton slept....
This is the 2nd weekend of Mardi Gras...Friday night, the San Luis Salute. This party was GIANT! It had a Riviera theme and huge pictures of celebrities and black and white everywhere. At one point, the band had us get on stage (of course) to dance.
Patton didn't recognize his mommy. He was quoted as saying "what have you done with your hair??" Looks a lot like his... kinda messy!
Mommy and daddy at the Ball
Vegas show girls dancing through dinner. Patton says "ooh la la!"

The next day at lunch, we saw the Quaker City String Band getting ready for the parade. They made Patton an honorary member.

We rode the Momus float this year and it was one of the top 5 most fun things I've ever done. While Patton stayed home with Bebo and Happy, mom and dad and 36 friends threw beads to the masses. You would have thought we were handing out diamonds the way people react....it's SO AWESOME. Closest you'll ever come to being a rock star.

No comments:
Post a Comment