***A note. The benchmark of these comments is based on the following: If I can get it from Rent the Runway...or see it at a Mardi Gras ball, it isn't worthy. It has to be over and above something I myself, cannot obtain:)
_____________________________________________________________

VIOLA. Sister that is the best color on earth. She looks awesome. So confident.

TINA. Has never looked better. So flattering. I love that inky color. Fits her to perfection.

ACTRESS FROM THE ARTIST: I am obsessed with this mint color right now. Obsessed. The critics hated this dress but I really liked it. I also liked that she wore dark green earrings with it. Very different.

STACI: This dress fit her like a glove. For some reason I was annoyed though. She is so beautiful, but this came across as a wee high school rather than Oscar. I liked her better at the Globes. Fabric, fit=gorgeous. Hair to the side=high school (sorry) **And y'all KNOW I WILL THROW MY HAIR IN A MESSY PONY BUN TO THE SIDE IN A HEART BEAT...SO IT HURTS ME THAT THIS WASN'T WORKING FOR ME. HAAA!!!)
I would have seen this at a Mardi Gras ball.

SANDRA: she owns one of my top 50 best looks ever...the year she won for Blind side...this year she presented and wore this. I actually really like it. The critics won't...but it has grown on me. fun and different.

GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO: Critics were going ape over this. HATED IT. Are y'all BLIND??? This isn't flattering in the least. Not. In. The. Least.

PENELOPE: She could wear a ziplock bag and look gorgeous. She also owns one of my top Oscar looks...that pale pink full skirt ruffle thing she wore. So awesome. This is a little mother of the bride for me. Atta girl for going with an odd color....but she looks older.

NATALIE: Not a show stopper. Would have seen this at mardi gras.

MILEY: She was going to an after party. Yikes. Sweetie girl, you look 30 years older. Stay young girl. Stay young.

MILA: One of my top 5. She is flawless. The eyes, lips, dress, knocked it out.

Just had to note that it was fun they came as buds....but girl from cougartown looked like she was going to an 80's rave.

MICHELLE: a TOP 5. So cute. So flawless. Love the color. Had it been me, I would have thrown a huge turquoise cuff and some enormous earrings to match. But she has short hair. Had to play it down. LOVE THIS!!!

MERYL: Adore this woman. She most certainly is my friend. I know it. Fashion, however, is not her friend. Solid gold dancer. But it doesn't matter because she is fabulous.

AFTER PARTY: This was from the vanity fair after party. Some will say it looks like a teacup. I love this. Such a different/classy/fun dress. Nice to see a new idea.

BRIDESMAIDS: this is another favorite over all look. From head to toe. Effortless. Gorgeous. Sultry. I absolutely love this dress.
KELLY: You know I had to throw in my girl. This dress was a mix between Margarita green and yellow. She looks so cute. Always. My mantra on fashion: What Would Kelly Ripa Do? (or substitute with SJP:)

KARDASHIAN SISTA'S: Kourtney (in white) looks so pretty. She is pregnant. Very elegant. Kim looks gorgeous too. Love the cut of that black dress and the three bling black cuffs.

JLO: This was her Vanity Fair after party dress. I wish she would have worn this to the Oscars....This is apparently the new color for Fall...."oxblood". It is vixany. Matter of fact, the evil queen on Once Upon A time may have worn this in an episode...
JESSICA: How much did we love her in the help? I can't help but think she looked so pretty. I must say though, I am not a fan of black and gold. It always reminds me of a marching band uniform. (holla' if you hear me Fairfield Central!!! (neighboring high school...they KICK IT)

JENNIFER LOPEZ: Why on earth are people raving over this????? The cut out sleeves, the stripe look of it...it is wrong. All wrong. HATED THIS. I heard people raving over it. HATED IT. Take out the cut out sleeves....make it a different fabric, and then it is fabulous. AS is, hated.
GWYNETH: And here, folks, is our winner. Literally she stepped out of the limo and all the other starletts went home crying. This dress is the epitome of simple glamour. GORGEOUS. Head to toe perfection.
****BEST DRESSED******** HANDS DOWN.
And since she is my best dressed, I will take this opportunity to say that her pink dress...the one she wore when she won for Shakespere in Love...I hated. Blasphemy from someone who adores Ralph Lauren as I do....but I hated it. I thought the top looked bad and made her look too thin. Her hair was all pulled back. I just didn't like it.
This...a different story. INSTANTLY ICONIC DRESS.

EMMA: Top 5. She looked ravishing. I wish in the pictures it showed the little opening in the top....but oh well. Love her. Love love love her.

BRIDESMAIDS: The black one is too rent the runway. I could have this dress tomorrow. The bronze, however....top 5. She looked AWESOME. This dress was made for her coloring. Everything was styled to perfection. LOVED LOVED LOVED THIS LOOK FOR HER.
DESCEDENTS: I actually liked this alot too. I just wish she would have worn her hair down. She has such an athletic look about her....I thought up was too much.

CAMERON: lOVE THIS DRESS. Fun cute hair. She looks sexy and classy and fun and gorgeous. She is the girl everyone wants at their party.

BRIDESMAIDS: That ox blood color again. I really liked this for her. Styled perfectly. She looks great for just having a baby!

BRIDESMAIDS: It is hard to find elegant dresses for larger frames. I thought this was PERFECT for her. It was so pretty without being a tent. Rocked.

ANGELINA: Good gracious, you and that dang leg stance all night. We get it, sister. It has a high slit and you have gorgeous gams. You have 600 kids, a hot boyfriend, and you are an ambassador. ....you just wanted to remind us you are still the bad girl. Got it. Now go EAT. SOMETHING.
Beyond that...the dress was actually very very gorgeous.
It is important to note that sister's leg had it's own twitter account last night and had a gazillion followers. That is about as funny as that peacock that escaped the NYC zoo and had a twitter account. But I digress...
SO....TOP 6:
1. Gwyneth (the rest are in no particular order)
2. Michelle Williams
3. Main girl from bridesmaids with that tan number
4. Emma Stone
5. Bronze dress from bridesmaids (red head)
6. Mila Jovavovich
6. Mila Jovavovich
So sad it is over. Now I am off to see what Joan Rivers and Kelley Osbourne have to say about all of this. :)




I agree with just about everything, except Jessica. When the Angel of Death comes for me, I hope she looks this good.
ReplyDelete