Thursday, September 2, 2010

football, golf balls, gifts, gripe water, walgreens, and a RANGER


Rangers are the new Station Wagons...
Yesterday we loaded all 5 kiddos up on the ranger and off we went. Mallie Jaymes and P shared a seat belt, Ella sat in the back, and Delaney and Carolina sat on our laps. Oh what fun to be fancy free and smelling of gasoline and fresh air! When I pulled it into the garage, smoke was pouring out of the back. I SWEAR I didn't do anything crazy.....


This week we were also pleased to have Miss Lindsay drop by with a gift for Carolina. It was her very own beach towel, complete with her name and everything! Sister loves it. Miss Madelyn slept in the car for the visit. Maybe next time she can come in and play.


Yesterday a box arrived and we tore into it after lunch. We found a boat for Patton, and a gorgeous dress for Carolina. Turns out Miss Gail and Mr. Tommy were sending us love all the way from SC. This morning when Patton came into the living room he said "Boat...Are You??" (translation: Boat, where are you?)


See this bottle of gripe water? Let me explain. I bought one of these bottles when Carolina was born. It's supposed to help settle tummies, soothe teething, and iron your clothes (I mean it does everything). Well, that was 10 months ago...and it's been used off and on since then. It has always been in the "baby drawer" or on the counter.
The other day as I was about to give sister spoon full (she's getting her top teeth) I noticed a note that said "refrigerate after opening". Oops. I went on to see another note: "Discard after 6 weeks". Oops again. It quickly went in the trash. Note to self...


After naps, we loaded up and headed to Walgreen's. Unt V, Alex, and Beth all shared some valuable product information updates with us and we had to give them a try. On the way there, the Golf Ball Man was on 99th street. It seems he had found a way to sit in the shade. See his feet sticking out? I may post that story on him at a later date....Now you can see what he looks like! At least his feet...
At Walgreens we had a big time. We bought the "strap perfect", which, sisters, you need to RUN OUT AND GET. It is easy as pie and really does work. Turns a regular brazierre into a racerback quicker than 1, 2, 3. We also bought the Martha Stewart Halloween "bookazine", the latest "Us Weekly" (for our smut intake) and the "weighing in at 10 lbs" Fall In Style. Needless to say my couch time last night was highly anticipated.
We also purchased face wash that Unt recommended. We'll report back on the results.

Early this morning before Patton woke up... Sister was playing in my office window. Her dress was given to us by Sara Jolin, who shared a bunch of her girlie clothes that don't fit anymore. Carolina looks so cute in it! Thank you, Sara!!!

And let's not forget, football season is upon us. It is time to break out your colors and sing your songs. It's game day time...which is why the good folks at comcast are getting a call from me today requesting the football package. If I have to be subjected to watching big 10 game day all year...well, it just won't do. A girl needs her ACC/SEC, let's be honest. And since daddy has no interest whatsoever, who else will teach the children quality tailgating/gameday festivities?
COLLECTIVELY.....GO TIGERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment