Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fending off Pirates and Canon Balls


Today was a rainy mess on Galveston Island. I did not stick one toe outside, much less bring my babies outside. Kickboxing class would have to wait....for today, we were gonna hafta get creative.

Cup of Joe, laced with a dash of cinnamon...CHECK.
Babies fed...check.
Naps...Good job Carolina...Patton was uninterested.

In lieu of the racquet club, I tuned into Comcast on Demand and ordered "Biggest Loser Boot camp." Lordy Be. Bob himself was the instructor, and let me just say...it was HARD. I wanted to kill Bob by the end...but was proud to finish.

Time for creativity.

While Carolina napped to the sweet Willie Nelson lullabies in her room, Patton and I made a fort out of our dining room table. We made a telescope out of an old Paper towel rod and used my stability ball to shoot at the "pirates" like a canon.

Did he have any clue what I was talking about when I said "who goes there!" in my funny (probably not so funny, actually) pirate voice? Not a chance. But did he think it was hilarious when I made noises like a canon ball was dropping on our "ship"? Oh yes. He enjoyed spilling milk and spitting cookie on said canon, too.

We had to protect "the princess" who was asleep in her cabin/crib. Big things were at stake...

Yarrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment