Taking the Bean to school on Tuesday and Thursday mornings is comical to say the least. I start by packing his juice, etc. Mind you, to have him at school by 9, I start packing up the little people at 8 or a little after. First round: The diaper bag goes down to the car, I back the car into the driveway, come back and get the Bean, load him up, go back up and get sister, load her, and off we go.
Carolina needed more diapers today, and since I'd already loaded the diaper bag (see above) I stuffed 4 diapers, 2 on either side of her head in the carseat and loaded her up. She looked a bit like princess leia, except the rolls on the side of her head were diapers. I laughed out loud.
This particular morning, I just so happened to use the time both nuggets were strapped in to...pump. That's correct. Right there in the privacy of my driveway, in my car.
And off to school we went.
Instead of taking out our "limo" stroller, I had Patton on the left hip, and carried Carolina in her carseat on my right. We dropped brother off and were on our way. Mind you, I never took the diapers out from around her head.
Next we commited a cardinal sin and went to Starbucks. It was easy, it was right there, and so we did it. Jocelyn and all the other Sugar Bean employees, I'm dreadfully sorry. Delirium and needing to feed Miss thing right then stopped me from driving back out to the west end. Later, the peeps at Sugar Bean wrote a note on their board out front: "Who needs a drive through, call for curb side". Ouch. I guess it's better than being exiled!
So, I fed sister, then we were off to the post office, and Walgreens, then back to pick up brother for their check ups.
Instead of lugging the diaper bag and both tots, I carried them both, her in her carrier and him in my arms.
Turns out the diapers around her head came in handy, as she had BLOWN OUT and down her legs. She's lucky she's so cute.
Inspired by his little sister, Patton blew out his shorts as well, and when I went to take off his diaper, he sprayed (Christened, let's say) the entire doctor's office.
After a good report for both tots, we were off to the house.
Cut to this evening. A big machine got stuck in Bolivar, so all the brothers are over there currently getting it unstuck. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Mommy decided to let Patton try the baby food version of "wild alaskan salmon with sweet potatoes, noodles, and peas", to which he threw up....all of it....all over the place. Imagine what that, and me, smelled like. Ew.
Just in the nick of time, Aunt Ja came over with Chili and rice, followed by Aunt Kelley with helping hands. All the while, little sister was screaming hungry. She downed 4 ounces, had a warm bath and is out for at least another few hours.
We have tons of pictures from Halloween, etc....just haven't had time to upload them, what with all the poo, tee tee and throw up on mommy's hands.
Wouldn't trade any of it for the world....
;)
No comments:
Post a Comment